There are 2 types of booster vaccines for COVID-19 being administered at Cobh Pharmacy:
You can book an appointment for your first booster if you are 12 years or older.
12 to 15 year olds must attend their booster appointment with a parent or legal guardian. A parent or legal guardian will need to give consent for their child's vaccination.
After your first round of COVID-19 vaccination, you need to wait:
- 3 months (at least 90 days) if you are 16 or older
- 6 months (at least 179 days) if you are aged 12 to 15
If you had COVID-19 since you were vaccinated, you should get your booster dose at least:
- 3 months after your positive test result or when symptoms started if you are 16 or older
- 6 months after your positive test result or when symptoms started if you are aged 12 to 15
If you had an additional dose because you have a weak immune system, get your booster dose at least 3 months after your additional dose.
- people aged 12 and older can get this if they have not already - people aged 65 and older and people with a weak immune system should get this
You can book an appointment for a second booster dose if you are:
- 65 years or older, or
- 12 years or older with a weak immune system
You should get a second booster at least 4 months (at least 120 days) after your first booster.
If you have had COVID-19 since your first booster, wait at least 4 months before you get a second booster.
PRIMARY VACCINE COURSE:
We are also administering First and Second doses for unvaccinated patients aged 12 and up.
To book a dose 2 appointment, you need to wait at least:
- 21 days after your first dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine
- 28 days after your first dose of the Moderna vaccine
If you recently had COVID-19, wait at least 4 weeks before getting your dose 1 or dose 2.
The wait is from when you first developed symptoms or the date of your positive COVID-19 test.