There are two types of emergency contraception available. For private patients, the 3 day pill and consultation costs €25.00 and the 5 day pill and consultation costs €35.00. Your pharmacist will go through the options with you.
Currently, all women aged 17-31 in Ireland are entitled to contraception free of charge from their pharmacy. All medical card holders are also entitled to free emergency contraception.
How does this service work?
- One of our highly trained pharmacists will ask you to answer a short questionnaire in the privacy of the consultation room.
- The pharmacist will then determine if Emergency Contraception is suitable for you and will discuss your medication options.
- If Emergency Contraception is suitable, our pharmacist will supply you with the appropriate medication.
- If Emergency Contraception is not suitable, our pharmacist will advise you and point you in the right direction for advice and support.
- If you would prefer to fill out our consultation form online, you can now do so using the below link. Once your form is submitted, one of our pharmacists will give you a call to discuss the best option for you.