Seasonal Flu Vaccination Service available in Cobh Pharmacy
The Seasonal Flu Vaccination Service is available now at Cobh Pharmacy. Many people will qualify for a free vaccination * (see below).
It is important to get the flu vaccine every year to protect yourself and those around you!
Drop in or call us on 021 4811341 for more information or with any questions!
More information is available on: https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/pubinfo/flu-vaccination/about-the-vaccine/
*You can get the flu vaccine for free if you:
- are 65 years of age and over
- are pregnant
- are a child aged 2 to 17 years (new for 2020/2021)
- are an adult or child aged 6 months or older with a long-term health condition like
- chronic heart disease, including acute coronary syndrome
- chronic liver disease
- chronic renal failure
- chronic respiratory disease, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis, moderate or severe asthma or bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- chronic neurological disease including multiple sclerosis, hereditary and degenerative disorders of the central nervous system
- diabetes mellitus
- morbid obesity i.e. body mass index (BMI) over 40
- immunosuppression due to disease or treatment (including treatment for cancer)
- are a child with a moderate to severe neurodevelopmental disorder such as cerebral palsy
- were born with Down syndrome
- live in a nursing home or other long-term care facility
Some people should get the vaccine to protect themselves, their families and those they care for.
These include those who:
- work in healthcare
- are a carer or live with someone who is at risk of flu because of a long-term health condition
- are a carer or live with someone who has Down syndrome
People who are in regular contact with pigs, poultry or waterfowl should get the flu vaccine.
If you would like to fill out the consent form before your appointment, you can download it here. Please do not sign it before your appointment. Your pharmacist will go through the details with you beforehand.